Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

Culcheth Lane, Newton Heath, Manchester, M40 1LS
England, M40 1LS
United Kingdom

0161 681 3455

Current News 🗞

🗞 Newsletter 2.5.24

Mr J Sharp

Internet Safety / Social Media

I want to take a minute to just remind parents this week of the importance of keeping your children safe online.

This comes in so many different ways and is a minefield for many of us as so many children have a much better idea of the latest technology than we do.

This week, I have had a number of conversations with different groups of children about group chats on WhatsApp.

I think because so many of us use WhatsApp on a daily basis, we don’t really think about the dangers that it may present for children.

I often speak to the children about WhatsApp and I say the same thing each time - ‘what is the age limit?’ Previously, the age limit for WhatsApp was 16. This has recently been dropped to 13 (which is still 2 years older than our Year 6 pupils).

I know that children will be likely using this app, however, I want to encourage you, as parents to make sure they are as safe as possible if they are.

Some of the dangers that the NSPCC list about WhatsApp are:

• unwanted contact

• pressure to respond

• location sharing

• inappropriate content

• cyber bullying

• oversharing

NEWS AND UPDATES

Parent Portal

Use this for updating contact details, child medical information, permissions, payments and seeing your child’s reports.

Please be aware that our gates are locked a few minutes after 8.50am, which is the latest time one of our classes starts the school day. If your child arrives at 9am, then they are already between 10-15 minutes late.

ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ

Please be aware that our gates are locked a few minutes after 8.50am, which is the latest time one of our classes starts the school day. If your child arrives at 9am, then they are already between 10-15 minutes late. ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ ðŸšĻ

Good Attendance Draw!!

Don’t forget, for every week that your child has an attendance of 96%+, they are allocated a digital ticket for a draw that will take place every half term. The more weeks with an attendance of 96%+, the more chances to win!

Services and Events

Parish Sung Eucharist Sundays 10am - 11am

Sermon, music and Holy Communion

Place of Welcome Thursdays 10am - 12pm

Time for a brew and a chat

More information from Father Andrew can be found here

Community News and Support

World Festivals and Celebrations

1st May - May Day

May Day is a holiday that celebrates the return of Spring. It usually takes place on May 1. Many people celebrate May Day with festivals or flowers. One of the oldest May Day traditions is the maypole.

Have a look at some of the trips that have taken place this last 2 weeks and some of the other things we have been getting up toâ€Ķ

Article 18

Wow - what a busy 2 weeks we have had. Our Urban Crew went to their enterprise event last week and Year 1 had their trip to the zoo which was then followed by Year 5’s trip to Tatton Park this week. All children came back with such big smiles and lots of stories of what they had seen and learnt.

Seeing the Year 1 get off the coach last week and come into school telling me all of the animals that they had seen at Blackpool Zoo, was a particular highlight for me. I absolutely love the children getting out and learning somewhere other than school and I hope to get more and more trips and experiences into our curriculum.

Over the next term we have trips to the farm, further trips to Tatton Park, a trip to Formby Beach and the Anderson Centre Residential. On top of this we have a Forensic Science day in school, an adventurous outdoor activity day in school and a football fun day to raise money for school funds. All, I hope, will create new experiences and memories for the children.

We hope to have our new gate ‘finally’ fitted this weekend which will make the front of our school again look finished once more with the new entrance coming on and our new stage ready for it’s performers, it really is exciting to see so much progress around school in the way of improving the environment for the children too!

I hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend and we will see you back on Tuesday 7th May for a slightly shorter, however, just as jam packed week I am sure!

Have a lovely weekend.

Mrs Flatman

Most recent news:

Most recent Parent News: